background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Italian Eggplant

Let me tell you about dinner tonight. I bought an eggplant the other day with no plans for it, just simply because I like eggplant. So I searched pinterest and decided to make my own rendition of some things I saw. Thus my tasty dinner!
Take note, I'm only feeding me so this portion is really small. I'm only using half the eggplant, the other half will be dinner another night.

Italian Eggplant

1/2 of a small eggplant, 1/2 in slices
1 tomato, 4-5 slices
1/4 small sweet onion, thin slices
Shredded mozzarella
Pesto- I used jarred

Salt eggplant slices and let them sit at least 15 minutes on a paper towel to let some of the water out. You don't want soggy eggplant. Preheat oven or toaster oven  to 450 (I used toaster oven, again its just me though, no need to waist electric).

Heat griddle medium high and spray with non stick spray. Grill eggplant 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.

Grill onion slices until slightly soft and brown.

I briefly grilled the tomato slices just to soften them, not cook them. Your choice.

Build a tower: eggplant, smear on pesto to desired taste, tomato, onion, mozzarella (as cheesy as you like).

Bake until cheese melts, then broil until cheese is toasty. This shouldn't take more than 5 minutes total in oven.

Enjoy! I know I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment